If you have an online retail business, you’re probably looking for a drop ship company that you can rely on not just because you want to be business, but also because of your customers. Virtually, you have numerous options to choose from especially when you search the net. Known brands have also joined the virtual world of wholesale and retail selling, and they have provided the hosting for the website as well as the drop shipping process.
Your initial step would be to make sure that the drop ship company you choose is a good one. So in view of this, here is a list of factors that you need to consider:
(1) One of the reasons why there are still many folks who do not engage in drop shipping is that either they were scammed or they find it difficult to trust anyone. A legitimate drop ship company must be a member and has good standing in the Better Business Bureau. Another factor is the trustworthiness of the company which can be equated to the positive reviews of clients and partners, and also the years they are in business.
(2) Try looking for the overall ranking of the company that you choose to partner with. Make sure to make parallel comparisons with other drop shippers in terms of their services and customer satisfaction.
(3) Learn the process of buying straight from the drop shipper at the set rate. Look out for the best offers and if you can negotiate, then go for it.
(4) Even though you don’t have the physical inventory, a simplified system that allows you to access in ease would add to the efficiency and fast processing of orders. And this accessibility should be 3-way: to the wholesaler, you and drop shipper.
(5) Check to see if you can get a free demo of the merchandise. If not, ensure that the item has positive reviews so your customers will have information of the products they are buying.
(6) The drop shipper should be able to provide customer support, a knowledge base and contact information. Addressing the needs of retailers and wholesalers should be a part of the drop shipper’s services and it should be fast and efficient as well.
(7) Knowing the mark-up percentage of the merchandise is essential in your business and the drop ship company should be straightforward about this from the start.
(8) The payment methods should be easy and simple for you, your drop shipper and your customers. One of the most popular payment systems is PayPal since it offers secure credit card payments. Other payment schemes you may include are direct deposits and money transfers.
(9) Starting retailers are often lacking in proper knowledge of the business. They may know their side of the business, but the drop shipping per se may be quite new to them. The drop shipper should be able to provide information and learning tools to its partners to ensure success and to make life easier for all.