Have you ever heard of dropship? According to Wikipedia, drop shipping is a supply chain management technique. Retailers does not keep goods in stock, they just transfer customer orders and shipment details to either the manufacturer or a wholesaler and ask them to directly ship the goods to the customer.
Most of dropshippers online at present are wholesale electronics, wholesale apparels or other small-volume products. Dropship provides ultimate convenience for those who want to make easy money right at home. It requires no upfront inventory to purchase and a positive cash flow cycle. Plus, dropship eliminates effort duplication and reduces total inventory management and shipping costs. Dropship undoubtedly offers us great chance to become rich. However, ubiquitous scams online make dropshipping also a risky business. If you want zero danger happened, you need to master some knowledge. Here, 6 handpicked skills and tips will help reduce the risk to the least degree.
1. Choose a reputable dropship company. Read about the “about us” part on your intended company’s site. In the most situation, that part will clearly tell you the history and development of the company. You could call them too, they always show their contact method on the web. If you still have doubt, you could try to order some products to test them.
2. Spend some time to study the company website. Is the product description explicit enough? Do they offer multiple clear, sharp images for one product? Do they clearly state whether the products available or not? How long they will take to ship products to customers? It’s easy to find answers to all of those questions if the company is formal enough.
3. Pay attention to the membership fee. The dropship company always charges zero if you want to become one of their members. If they have, ask why and be careful.
4. Care about customer service and customer review. Good customer service company always offers good return policy, so once the product does not satisfy the customer’s demand, you could return to the dropshopper with the least trouble. Customer reviews are clients’ truest feeling about the website. But remember NOT to trust too good or all good customer reviews, as these reviews possibly are faked by the dropship company.
5. Note about their minimum order limitation. Generally, dropship company have no limitation on the minimum order quantity. They all support retail sale, but different from retail, the more you buy, the more you save.
6. Remember to compare prices. There are so many dropshippers on the internet that your choices are unlimited. Don’t put all your investment in one company. The prices differ a lot for different dropshippers.